Benefits of Apple
All of us have read the famous quote that says, “An Apple a day keeps the doctor away” and we have realized it time and again. While we were kids when we learnt the above line by heart, it took years of our adulthood to actually understand the deeper meaning of the sentence. There is a reason behind every universal quote that has been said, as it has been tried and tested. Keeping the same thing in mind, here are a few benefits of almost everybody’s favorite fruit Apple.
Apple contains so many healthy ingredients that make it the super popular fruit that it is. It is a powerhouse of minerals, antioxidants, vitamins and what not. It belongs to the group of exceptionally healthy food that has no extreme side effects. They are very nutritious as they keep helping people with variety of benefits related to health, skin and hair and efficiently protect us against harmful diseases as well. So, if you want to stay away from regular doctor visits then you should include Apple into your systems.
Health Benefits of Eating Apple: –
- Protects you from Cancer : Many of us are not well aware of the fact that Apples have non-cancerous abilities to suck out the cancerous cells present in the body. Even scientists believe that consuming apple every day can reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer by a margin of 23%. This one is definitely an important advantage which most of us ignores and don’t take into regard. The peels of an apple contain the cells that help your body from growing cancer related cells.
- Keeps you safe from Asthma : If you are suffering from Asthma or breathing problems then you can get yourself treated quite naturally. An apple contains chemicals like Phytochemicals and Polyphenols, which are basically chemicals that improve the normal functioning of the lungs. They heal problems of breathing, asthma naturally. So, if you consume a glass of Apple juice daily then you are sure to not have any lungs related or breathing problems.
- Help in Weight Loss: Well, you read that right Apples do help in the process of Weight loss. Since Apple is rich in High fibre Content and Water which is enough to make you feel full. Eating an apple before or after a light meal can make you feel full for longer hours. Instead of going for unhealthy snacks during the evening or morning, one should eat a few slices of Apple. Apart from that, there are compounds in an apple, that every apple naturally inhibits which aid in weight loss .
- Reduces Cholesterol levels: Just because Apples have high fibre content that doesn’t mean they will increase the Cholesterol levels of the body. An apple has soluble fibre which further is converted into low cholesterol level. As we consumetypes of foods in our day to day life the quantity of fats increases in our body so to minimise that if we eat apples regularly the soluble fibres present in it helps in competing with the fats present in the intestine. This competition between fats and fibers also lead to less absorption of LDL (low density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol levels as well as more absorption of HDL (high density lipoprotein) or good cholesterol. This connection between the apples and cholesterol always tends to continue inside the body.
- Boost Immunity –The red delicious apples containan important antioxidant name quercetin which is responsible for building up the immune system in our body. It establishes the natural defences in our body. Other than that, the other most important element present is vitamin C. The presence of vitamin C in red applesmakes apple the best fruit containing the highest amount of anti inflammatory properties. It is because of this reason that apples are considered to behigh immunity boosters. The fibres in the apples are known for enhancing the immune system.
- Preventing Alzheimer–Through many experiments performed regarding apples consumption in day to day life on mice. It has been found that the intake of apples regularly in diet results in higher doses of neurotransmitter acetylcholine. The prevention of Alzheimer’s can be done by consuming apple juices as it repairsnerve cells if damaged because it contains flavonoids which helps in repairing those cells. So, drinking of apple juices can thus help in fight against further decaying of brain due to Alzheimer.
- Averts Asthma –Apples have the healing properties due to the presence of Phytochemicals and Polyphenols which provides them with the ability to fight against Asthma. It cures the breathing problems by improving the general functioning of the lungs. According to research it is known that children who consume apples and juices on a daily basishave reduced risks of asthma attacks and wheezing problems as compared to the one who consumes apple juices on seldom. If you already a patient of asthma problems, then even eating an entire apple won’t do any benefit.So, one should be cautious enough before the problem generates.
- Detoxification of Liver: All of us are regularly consuming food items that are more or less toxic to our liver. It may be in form of drinks or solids, owing to which all of them accumulate as toxins in our liver. The liver holds the responsibility of flushing such toxins out of the body just like the process of Detoxification. So, Apple is one such fruit that can help as a natural detoxifier so as to keep your liver healthy. It serves as the source of Vitamins, Minerals and Fiber.
- Fixes Bowel Syndrome : When a person is suffering from problems like Diarrhoea, Constipation, Ballooning then the doctor always suggests to stay away from fatty foods. What else you are suggested to consume is food that is rich in fibre. That’s when the role of Apple comes in. It fixes the irritable problem of bowel syndrome. So, make sure you add an apple in your diet daily.
- Whiter Teeth : If you are regularly making visits to the dentist for whiter and stronger teeth then guess what you can naturally do it too. Eat an apple daily, as chewing an apple produces saliva in the mouth which help in better growth of the teeth. Biting and chewing apples on a regular basis protects the teeth against tooth decay, and keeps it shining white. So, you don’t really have to endure pain in order to have whiter teeth. Also, this is so much inexpensive than a dentist’s appointment.
- Prevents Cataract : Cataract is a common eye problem that every person faces after reaching a common age of 50 years and above. In recent study, it has been found that people who consumed high fibre fruits like Apples are less likely to have Cataract in their old age. Apples are rich in antioxidants so one should include them in their diet so as to have better endurance against Cataracts.
Skin Benefits of eating Apple: –
- Complexion : This fruit belongs to the family of roses, which indicate a red or pink glow, something that all of us want our skin to have. The Apple Fruit has the potential to soothe the skin and provide a natural glow, that no other cream or lotions or beauty products could bring it for you. It enriches the complexion of the skin giving it a fair rosy effect.
- Fights against premature aging : Another vital skin related problem that an apple fights back quite naturally is the problem of premature aging. Since the Apple fruit is rich in collagen and elastin so it boosts the skin with it, making the skin firm against sagging and fine lines or wrinkles. Consumption of apple on an everyday basis keeps the skin feel and look youthful always.
- Provides UV protection : All of us use different cream and lotions that are just meant for protecting the skin against harmful Ultraviolet rays. But do you know about a natural ingredient that provides the extra protection against UV rays? It is an apple and all you have to do is prepare a pulp out of apple, take a tablespoon of glycerine. Now mix it together and apply it on your face, rinse it off with cold water after 15 minutes. Doing this regularly during summers and twice a week in other seasons makes a shield on your skin.
- No Acne, Blemishes and Marks : Keep an apple in your refrigerator for an hour, then put it out, grind it into a paste, add some milk cream to it. Here you have a mask ready for our acne skin. Apples have cooling properties giving them the potential to shoo away pimples, acne and dark spots off the skin.
- No Dark Circles and Eye Bags : If you are worried about the large bags under your eyes or the dark circles then what you should do is cut slices of an apple and put it on your eyes. After 20 minutes, wash your eyes with warm water. Do this regularly to notice surprising changes in your skin.